Monday, February 11, 2008

Carrie, Meet Leona!

Leona Lewis, Clive Davis and Carrie Underwood


My good friend Jen sent me this picture from the Grammy Awards she thought I might like this afternoon... um, yeah, you could say I liked it! :) Clive Davis, can I be you for just ONE day? By the way, I just found A TON more great pictures of Leona and the Grammys on this outstanding site called LeonaLewisWeb.net. Check it out!

While I'm on the topic of music here and these two talented young women, I just want to give a BIG congrats to Leona on her first top 50 U.S. pop hit. "Bleeding Love" cracked the top 50 yesterday evening, and is now sitting at #46 on the Mediabase Pop chart. It's also the most added record at pop radio this past week. In a few more days, Leona's going to have her first top 40 hit here in the U.S.!!! I truly think the sky's the limit for her.

As for Miss Underwood... well her Some Hearts album was just certified SEVEN times Platinum! This makes her album the most successful Country debut ever by a solo artist and also the biggest selling album of any American Idol alumnus - she was previously tied with Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway release at 6x Platinum. And no, I didn't forget Carrie collected her third career Grammy last night for Best Female Country Vocal Performance with the ubiquitous "Before He Cheats." Congrats to Carrie on her continued incredible success!

-----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I knew you would like that picture and you were the first person i thought of when i saw it. :)
I just absolutely love "bleeding love", ever since the first time i heard it. Not to mention that our girl Carrie just keeps setting record after record. I feel blessed to have attended 3 concerts of hers this year already. and hopefully there will be at least 2 more, but we shall see. thanks for posting another great read!!!!

Your friend,
Jen