Friday, January 4, 2008

Playoffs???!!!

Why is it whenever I hear the word "playoffs" I always think about the legendary New Orleans Saints coach Jim Mora? I guess I've seen his little tirade after a reporter once questioned him about his team's playoff chances (as I'm sure many of the rest of us have) one too many times over the years... Mora now works for the NFL Network and his son coaches in the NFL... Sadly, Mora's former team, the New Orleans Saints got off to a slow start in 2007 and missed the playoffs this year after being the Cinderella team last year. We have four games on tap for this weekend and I'll give a quick rundown of what I think will happen...

On Saturday, the Washington Redskins take on the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle. The Redskins have been playing inspired ball ever since the tragic death of safety Sean Taylor. The Seahawks have been played semi-uninspired ball pretty much all season, often eeking out close games against inferior opponents while losing to elite teams such as the Pittsburgh Steelers convincingly. I look for the Redskins to control the ball on both the ground and through the air. Seattle's running attack has been non-existant all season and I look for the Redskins D to try to make the Seahawks run a lot... I think the Redskins will take this game by a touchdown or more...

Saturday's second game matches two teams which are pretty much equal in terms of competitiveness. The Jacksonville Jaguars go to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers. Look for the Jaguars to run first and pass second as they will try to give a steady dose of Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor against the Steeler D. Ben Roethlisberger will be forced to air the ball out a little more for the Steelers as they're without all-pro RB Willie Parker. Look for the Steelers to eek out a close win by three points.

-----

Sunday's games coming later...

No comments: