Friday, April 27, 2007

Orlando: Fun in the Sun





Just a quick entry for my first full day of vacation in Orlando, Florida. The first thing I noticed about Florida was the temperature and humidity - 80 degrees with about 50% humidity when I arrived last night. Today, it was more like 95 with about the same humidity level. Shorts and a shirt along with sunglasses and A LOT of sunscreen are required!

As for the day, I was able to get a good night of sleep after yesterday's crazyness... got up around 6:45, and just barely made the breakfast which was from 7-8am... there was an awards ceremony for all of the Verizon employees from 8-11:30 am, and then a lunch immediately after the ceremony. Two of my friends from work, Frank Tarentino and Erica Allison were amongst the winners of the big drawing... the prizes offered ranged from handheld portable computers to washer & dryers to BOSE stereo systems... some real nice stuff. I wish I would have been picked... then again, I'm not going to complain at all about two paid days off from work and a satellite radio with a free three month subscription...

The afternoon was spent socializing, taking LOTS of pictures and then getting some sun out by the pool... Around 4:30pm we all headed indoors and I took the shuttle to the airport so that I could get my rental car through Avis and then head off to the Best Western hotel here in Orlando (right by the airport)... Ironically, I'm on the highest floor again (just like in DC) and in room #6 again! In DC I was in room 706, here I'm in 506... My friend Steve is staying here with me in Orlando through the end of the day Sunday before we head back to LA...

Tonight we are just planning on relaxing - tomorrow will be fun though as several of us will be hooking up and heading off to the EPCOT Center in the DisneyWorld complex...

-----

Just wanted to add a little sports to the blog before I went... The Lakers, behind Kobe Bryant's 45 points, took game 3 of their best of 7 series against the Phoenix Suns... hopefully this will be the start of something good... there's nothing more that I would like than to see the Lakers somehow upset the Suns after getting so close last year...

-----

No comments: