Friday, March 21, 2008

Bruins Rout Mississippi Valley State!

It was over before it started... and the school that is best known as NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice's alma mater will still remain just that and nothing more for another year. UCLA jumped out to an early 29-8 lead, and by the time it was over, the Bruins had held their opponent to the fewest points scored in an NCAA Tournament game in 62 years! The final score: UCLA 70, Mississippi Valley State 29. Kevin Love was once again the bright spot for the Bruins, scoring 20 points and grabbing 9 rebounds.

The only real upset in the tournament occured in the midwest region as the #11 seeded Kansas State Jayhawks upset UCLA's crosstown rival USC Trojans by a 80-67 score...

As for my brackets, my early gambles did not do well (again for the second year in a row)... and why I didn't go with my gut and pick Kansas State to beat USC, I just don't know!

-----

No comments: