Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthday Wishes to Kate & Carrie!

A couple of my favorite people outside of my immediate family are celebrating their birthdays over the next four days...

Today is my friend Kate Michael's birthday! Kate has been so very supportive of me and this blog since I first got it up running almost a year ago. In case you don't know, Kate was Miss District of Columbia in 2006 and participated in the 2007 Miss America Pageant. Somehow, I managed to make the coast-to-coast trek to D.C. five times last year. And on four of those occasions, I was able to meet up with Kate, along with many of her wonderful friends and family. Kate's spending her big day celebrating in Puerto Rico. I know she will have A TON of great pictures to share from her trip in the coming weeks.

On Monday, March 10th, a certain Country singer who hardly anyone knew about just three short years ago is celebrating her 25th birthday. Yes, that would be Carrie Underwood! Carrie really came along for me personally when I was really looking for someone to cheer for, and as she gained confidence and grew on American Idol, I knew that I had hit upon someone pretty special. Six straight #1 hits on the Country chart, nine million CD's sold in the U.S. alone... she's accomplished so much in so little time! I've had the pleasure of meeting Carrie twice and as I'm sure you devoted Carrie fans know, she is currently touring and will be heading to L.A. next week to perform at the Honda Center along with Keith Urban on March 13th. Now that is gonna be a BLAST! And of course, I will be there - lots of pics to come!

Happy Birthday to Kate and Carrie... I hope your special days are TRULY special and very memorable!

-----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is currently touring and will be heading to L.A. next week to perform at the STAPLES CENTER along with Keith Urban on March 13th.

~~~~

PSSST Its the Honda Center in Anaheim not Staples....Don't show up to the wrong Venue!

John C said...

lol, Jaysmine... I think I was overdoing the multitasking, spreading myself too thin, or maybe a combination of BOTH! Thanks for your sharp eye! :)

John