Saturday, October 13, 2007

College Football Notes...

I was really hoping to spend a lot of time on my blog talking about my UCLA Bruins and their chances at getting to a BCS game or maybe even more. After all, we came into the season ranked #14 in the nation and still were carrying that victory over USC last year fresh in our memories. We won our first two games and got up to #11 in the polls.

Things were looking very good... almost "Rosy" if you get my drift... things soon though took a turn for the worst and my interest in the 2007 college football season suddenly sank. On September 15th, my Bruins went to Utah and got blown out 44-6! It was awful!!! Thankfully, I didn't see much of that game as I was headed to the Rascal Flatts concert that night. Certainly, it couldn't get any worse than that for my Bruins, right??? WRONG!!! On our home turf (the Rose Bowl) we lost 20-6 to the 0-5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish last weekend!!! Thankfully, this loss didn't get as much press nationally as it normally would have because our crosstown rivals, the USC Trojans, were at the Coliseum losing a game to Stanford by a 24-23 score after going in as 41 point favorites!!! It's one of the few times ever I've actually been thankful for something that USC did!

USC put in another subpar effort last night, beating Arizona 20-13 at home. Clearly, this team is not living up to the hype! After our latest embarassing loss, my Bruins had this week off to recover - though coach Karl Dorrell has made them have some 6 am practices this week. Shock therapy? Hey, anything's worth a try!!!

Last night, #1 ranked Louisana State lost, as did #2 ranked California. LSU fell to #5 and Cal to #10 with the new rankings. Ohio State is now ranked #1 after beginning the season ranked #11. LSU is the only team remaining from the pre-season top 10 in the current top 10. Clearly, this year, has been the toughest in recent memory when it comes to predicting college football games. That national championship is wide open. Wouldn't it be something if the South Florida Bulls somehow won it all? They've only had a football program for 11 years! It should definitely be an interesting next few months...

-----

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go UK with the win over LSU... This has been an amazingly good season for UK (especially compared to many amazingly bad ones). It was an exciting game, going into triple overtime, but I was only able to watch part of it and listen to part on the radio.

Anonymous said...

USC put in another subpar effort last night, beating Arizona 20-13 at home. Clearly, this team is not living up to the hype! After our latest embarassing loss, my Bruins had this week off to recover - though coach Karl Dorrell has made them have some 6 am practices this week. Shock therapy? Hey, anything's worth a try!!!


I hope the coach doesn't use shock therapy. That could really hurt the players. I would think that would violate the rules. If thats the case. I should have been allowed to beat prisoners while they were in custody.

I'll go get you a club soda now. Whatever you want GH.