Saturday, June 30, 2007

Techni-Cole Difficulties...

Computers... you love them when they work right... you don't love them so much when they don't... One thing I like to do in my spare time is to do stuff such as build Wikipedia pages, work on spreadsheets so I can sharpen those skills, and also of course my new Kate Michael Yahoo group... A while back, I purchased a few domains so that I can build some websites - another of my hobbies... For whatever reason, I've been unable to access these new domains from my computer. I'm not exactly sure why I can't get into them from my PC... I thought it just might be my IP address or something like that, but I tried to access the sites via a dial-up connection from my PC and also to no avail. Hopefully, I'll get it figured out sometime later today...

As for other stuff, there was lots of baseball happening yesterday, and a little golf... I guess the most notable thing that happened yesterday was the 750th home run of Barry Bonds career. The historic homer came off Arizona Diamondbacks starter Livan Hernandez in a 4-3 San Francisco Giants 10 inning loss to the D-Backs. Bonds is now just five homers away from tying Hank Aaron's record of 755. No matter what your opinion is on Bonds and whether you feel he achieved this number legitimately or not, it's still quite an amazing feat... Johan Santana pitched a strong six innings, giving up only one run and five hits, while striking out six and Joe Mauer hit a grand slam off of the Tigers' Justin Verlander as Minnesota cruised to an 11-1 victory over the Tigers. The most dramatic game of the day??? Well, there were two... In Chicago, Aramis Ramirez hit a dramatic two run, two out homer off of Milwaukee closer Francisco Cordero as the Cubs came back from a two run ninth inning deficit to win over the Brewers 6-5. In Houston, things just went from bad to worse for Colorado Rockies closer Brian Fuentes. In his previous three appearances, Fuentes had not only blown saves, but he also was handed with losses... Last night he blew his fourth straight save opportunity and was charged with his fourth loss in his past four appearances... the light hitting Mark Loretta hit a two run, two out homer to give the Astros a 9-8 win. Fuentes becomes the first closer in 29 years to have blown saves and been charged with losses in four consective outings...

In golf, the women continue to battle with the elements at the U.S. Women's open... Three rain delays in the first two days resulted in only 25 of the 156 golfer field managing to finish the second round yesterday. Annika Soranstam was the big story of the day as she shot a 42 on her opening nine holes, putting her in danger of missing the cut. Coverage of the second and third round will continue on NBC today beginning at 3PM PT/12 noon ET. For the full live leaderboard, click here: 2007 U.S Women's Open Leaderboard

-----

No comments: