Saturday, June 2, 2007

Safe & Sound in DC!!!

Just a very quick entry today to let you all I made it here to D.C. safe and sound... our 9:30 pm PT flight from LAX was slightly delayed as we didn't end up leaving until about 10:10 pm, but we arrived almost on schedule, touching down a little after 5:40 am ET... As the shuttle buses from Dulles start running two hours later on weekends (7:45 am) than on weekdays, I had a little time to relax, so I did what anyone that was sleep deprived would do - I got a huge 20 ounce cup of Starbucks coffee! I passed the rest of time continuing my reading of Michael Lewis' "Moneyball" and also did a little chatting with some of the others who were waiting for the shuttle. Around 8:15 am, we got to the Metro where I helped out a couple of people who had never been to D.C. before - it's only my second trip here and I'm already feeling like a veteran! By 8:30 I was at my destination of the Foggy Bottom stop in Georgetown and I was all checked in to my hotel a half hour later... After relaxing a bit and catching up on last night's sports, I got ready to hit the streets of DC... My day today is pretty wide-open. Since I'm a little on the tired side, I'll probably hang around the Georgetown/Dupont Circle area for most of today... Tomorrow, I plan on hitting the east side, highlighted by the Nationals game vs. the San Diego Padres at RFK. The game starts at 1:35 - I have a nice 11th row seat right behind the 3rd base dugout of the Nats! On Monday, I'll be taking the DC Ducks tour - I just know that is going to be a lot of fun! Later that afternoon (at 3:50 pm), I leave Reagan airport for Nashville and the big Carrie Underwood fanclub party on Tuesday. Carrie is going to give us A LOT of her time, as the party will last all the way from 1pm to 6pm!

-----

Quickly, I'll drop in some baseball - for the second time this year, the Nationals defeated the Padres with their ace Jake Peavy going. Ronnie Belliard drove in the winning run in the 11th inning as the Nats won for the 14th time in 21 games. My home teams also did well - right before I left for the airport last night, I finished watching the Dodgers defeat the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-4. Randy Wolf struggled, but pitched just well enough to get his 7th win while Takeshi Saito got his 16th save. Just before my plane boarded, I found out that John Lackey and the Angels defeated the Baltimore Orioles in a 3-2 win. For Lackey, it was his major league leading 9th win. Francisco Rodriguez closed things out for his 19th save.

-----

No comments: