Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Road Trip!!!

In another two weeks, I'm going to be taking my second big road trip of the year. My first trip to Washington, D.C. was so much fun and enjoyable that I just had to do it again! So, I'll be flying out into there very early the morning of Saturday, June 2nd. I'm hoping to catch a Nationals game there either that day or the next against the San Diego Padres, the rivals of my hometown Los Angeles Dodgers. I also hope to see a lot of the things I didn't get to see the first time I was in the District, though I know I won't be able to see everything I want to... I'm thinking I'll need to take an extended vacation of two weeks or more at some point to explore.

As for the other leg of that vacation, well that is going to be my first ever trip to Nashville. I'll fly into Nashville late the afternoon of the 4th from DC... for whatever reason (and this is REALLY mind boggling), it was $40 more expensive for a one way ticket from DC to Nashville than a round trip ticket! So, I bought the round trip ticket of course! By the way, I'm still awaiting response from American Airlines regarding me getting stuck in Reagan Airport in D.C. the entire day of April 26th...

Getting back to the Nashville trip, everything is pretty well all set. For those of you that don't know, I was one of the lucky people in Carrie Underwood's Fanclub who was selected to go to an exclusive Fanclub party being held on June 5th... it's going to be a blast to hang out with Carrie and fellow fans of hers! I'll be hooking up with my friends Jeff and Reggie at the airport on the 4th, and then Jeff will be driving us to the hotel where all three of us are staying. The Fanclub party is tentatively set for 3PM in the afternoon on the 5th, with Carrie performing at the Grand Ol' Opry later that night. It's going to be a VERY exciting time! And I need to remind myself to get that memory card for my camera - going to be taking a whole lot of pictures from both DC and here!

-----

Just a few quick baseball notes today... First off, I have to give some props to the Yankees' Jason Giambi for stepping up to the plate and admitting he was wrong for using steroids a few years ago. As a huge fan of the game, I hate to see things like steroids tarnish baseball's image. I hope that more players will own up like Giambi and admit to the mistakes they have made...

Johan Santana pitched another gem for the Minnesota Twins, striking out 11, while only giving up three hits against the Cleveland Indians yesterday... the only problem is that two of the hits he gave up were solo homers, and the offense was MIA against Indian pitcher Fausto Carmona in a 2-0 Cleveland win. Vladimir Guerrero hit a two run homer and had three hits to raise his batting average to .351, and Bartolo Colon threw a solid seven innings as the Angels defeated the Seattle Mariners 7-3. Of note, the Mariners' Ichiro Suzuki was caught stealing (by the Angels catcher Jose Molina) for the first time in 46 attempts yesterday. While Ichiro set the American league record with 45 straight thefts, he falls five short of the major league record set by Vince Coleman. Finally, the Washington Nationals won for the sixth time in seven games yesterday, defeating the Atlanta Braves 4-3... Felipe Lopez had a single, double and a triple to snap out of an 0 for 13 slump and Matt Chico pitched a strong six innings for the win. Jon Rauch picked up his third and presumably last save for the Nats - Chad Cordero will be back in the closer's role beginning tonight...

-----

No comments: