Saturday, March 24, 2007

More "March Madness"...

Today begins a VERY busy week for me... in a little more than an hour from now, I'll be doing the first of 14 fantasy baseball drafts to be held over the next eight days... I've already participated in four drafts, so I will end up managing 18 teams this year. Although 18 teams may seem like a lot, it really isn't. For instance, did you know the singer Meat Loaf plays fantasy baseball? I know from a reliable source that he manages in excess of 30 teams! I've heard of others who manage over 50 teams!

I've been a HUGE baseball fan since I was very young, so being able to play a game in which I can win some nice cash prizes, along with claiming some bragging rights amongst my friends while getting to watch my favorite sport is all the motivation I need... I also have to admit, this fantasy baseball game is EXTREMELY fun and addicting! My friend Chris had no idea what he was doing when he introduced me to fantasy baseball eight years ago. How did I do last year, you may ask? Well, out of the 22 teams I began the season with, 11 of them wound up winning! Given that the average league consists of 10 teams, winning 50% of my leagues was a MAJOR accomplishment!

I may post some draft results later today, time permitting. I hope you all enjoy the NCAA Tourney this weekend - my bracket is looking A LOT better than it was a few days ago... My final 4 are STILL alive!!! The games once again were very exciting and dramatic: Georgetown BARELY escaped - winning by one on a very difficult layup with 2.5 seconds to play, and North Carolina got way down against my arch rival (USC) yesterday before coming alive in the 2nd half... I'll be rooting hard for my UCLA Bruins today against Kansas!

Lastly, don't forget to remember to watch "Saturday Night Live" tonight - Carrie Underwood is the musical guest, Peyton Manning the host!

No comments: