Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Good To Be King...

... Yes, I seem to be stuck in Tom Petty's Playback mode at the moment when it comes to blog titles, but once again his song title fits the bill for what's on my mind...

My two favorite songs out at the moment are doing quite well. One (Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" is ruling the Pop and Hot AC charts, while the other (Carrie Underwood's "Last Name") is on top of the Country chart... Yes, my two favorite songs at the moment are king (or could it be queen) on THREE of the major music charts at the moment! And heck even my Lakers managed to win by an 87-81 score despite being at a 3-man disadvantage again last night against the Celtics. After my utter frustration with the officiating of the first two games of the series, I decided I wasn't going to watch the game, and I held pretty true to my little boycott, as I only watched the last two minutes or so... instead, I split time between watching the Cubs/Braves, Angels/Devil Rays and Dodgers/Padres baseball games. The highlight of the night for me? Geovany Soto smashing a three-run homer for the Cubs in their victory... yes, I was rooting for the Braves, but when push comes to shove I just have to root for my fantasy players. Since Soto is on three of my five most important teams, I was STOKED when the ball cleared the fence in the bottom of the 8th inning at Wrigley Field, pumping my fist and yelling "YES!" at the T.V. set. FYI, the Cubs won the game 10-5.

-----

No comments: