Sunday, June 8, 2008

Celtics 38, Lakers 10...

... and no, that wasn't the final score of Game 2 of the NBA Finals tonight in Boston, that was the free-throw disparity. Despite being perhaps the worst officiated game I've ever witnessed, the Los Angeles Lakers almost pulled it out tonight, trimming a 24 point deficit down to just two points at 104-102 with 38 seconds to play. The Celtics would score the final four points of the game to win 108-102 and take a commanding two games to none lead over the Lakers in the best-of-seven series. The Lakers made all ten of their foul shots on the night, while the Celtics made 27 of their 38 attempts. How does one team shoot 28 MORE FREE THROWS than the other? How many officials were betting on tonights game? I wonder...

I really don't have much else to say other than I am more convinced than ever now that Tim Donaghy was only the tip of the iceberg in the NBA Gambling Scandal and that NBA Commissioner David Stern needs to be replaced ASAP!

-----

On a happier note, I've got all of my pictures from my Nashville and DC trips loaded into my DC and I'll start posting them tomorrow...

-----

No comments: