Monday, June 2, 2008

Arriving In Nashville

I awoke early (5:30 am) today during the last morning of my stay in Washington D.C. and packed my bags for my trip to Nashville. After checking out of my hotel at 7 a.m., I took care of posting the latest chart information on Carrie Underwood's "Last Name" on the official fanclub site a little before 7:20 a.m. I then took the half-mile or so walk to the Navy Yard Metro Station where I took the Metro to Ronald Reagan International Airport.

My flight out of Reagan was good, and after another short stay in Detroit's Wayne County International Airport, I was off to Nashville. My plane arrived in Nashville right on time a little before 12:40 pm... After grabbing a quick bite to eat (a whole slice of pizza and water), I called the Radisson Opryland Hotel where I was staying to check on shuttle rates. In the absolute crazy-busyness in the week which led up to my trip I simply didn't have time to book a shuttle or look into rates. And I wasn't going to rent a car... Did I mention I had all of TWO HOURS to pack for my trip??? Anyways, The $28 one-way fare they were charging was a little pricey for me, so I decided to check into other modes of transport and found I could get a roundtrip ticket through SuperShuttle for only $25. So I booked my shuttle, and a little after 1:45 pm I was at the hotel.

Hotel check-in was not until 3 p.m., but from the moment I stepped in the door at the Radisson I felt very welcome. I was greeted with a smile, and was even allowed to check into my room over an hour early! What really made my day though was that they had free internet there. So, I'd be able to keep in touch with family and friends and manage my fantasy baseball teams just as I did in D.C. Yes, I was set and VERY happy with my accomodations in Nashville! Did I mention I was going to have a Carrie Underwood encounter (or two) the next day???!!!

-----

No comments: