Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hill??? What Hill???

Well, as most of you probably know by now, I reached "that" age today... Yes, the big "39B" as one of my good friends tells me... Judging by what people have said, the best is yet to come and I'm far from over the hill!

I had a lot planned to celebrate the big day and will tell all about in tomorrow's post... a couple of quick things I wanted to drop in real quick... first off, in the AT&T National, Tiger Woods recovered to a 2nd round 66 to get back into contention at 1-under-par. Phil Mickelson looked good to make the cut until a disastrous second shot at the par-5 16th hole resulted in a double-bogey 7... Another double bogey followed at 18... Phil finished at 7-over-par, missing the cut by three strokes... Stuart Appleby and K.J. Choi share the midway point lead at 7 under par... CBS Sports covers the event on the weekend. For those of you that didn't know, I had already made my hotel reservations to attend this event quite a while ago. I've been telling people for a very long time, actually since before I turned 39, that I didn't want to be at home in SoCal for my next one and I got my wish!!! Actually, I celebrated it in the air - not sure where we were at, but the flight attendant gave me a cup of white wine to celebrate... I enjoyed it and actually got a little sleep on the way into Baltimore before taking the shuttle into DC.

No comments: