Monday, July 7, 2008

Yes, It's My Birthday!

And while I'd rather not say how "old" I'm turning (you can click on my profile if you really need to know), all I'll say is that I feel (and act) a heck of a lot younger!

So what did I do for my special day? Well, I actually started the celebration a couple of days ago, taking in an Angels game in Anaheim against the Toronto Blue Jays with my sister Lisa and my brother-in-law, Steve. What was supposed to be a pitching duel between aces John Lackey and Roy Halladay, turned into a lopsided game save for a Vladimir Guerrero two-run home run for the good guys. Down at one point 7-2, the Angels got their rally monkeys out, but the rally fell a little short as they ended up losing 7-5. Still, the Angels are doing just fine, maintaining a six game lead over the Oakland A's in the American League West as I type this.

Today was a mellow day... no flying to D.C. this year to go track down Tiger Woods or seeing Miss D.C. Kate Michael throw out the first pitch of a Nationals Game. And by the way, get well soon, Tiger! Instead I took it easy, reading a gazillion birthday eMails from friends and family. Later, I went to the gym for a long workout and then had dinner with my Mom, Lisa and Steve - and we were actually celebrating two birthdays tonight as Steve's birthday is on Thursday.

After I got home, I answered a bunch more emails, got a birthday message from my brother, sister-in-law and nephews, and then watched some baseball. Some history was almost made at Dodger Stadium tonight as Hideki Kuroda retired the first 21 Atlanta Braves he faced. Mark Teixiera ruined the perfecto though, lining a double into right field to open the eighth. Kuroda then retired the next six hitters to complete a one-hit 3-0 shutout of the Braves. With the win, the Dodgers moved into a first place tie with the slumping Arizona Diamondbacks for first place in the National League West. Speaking of the Braves, some good news to report... "Frenchy" is back. After only spending three days in the minors, Jeff Francoeur was called back up to the big club today. In his three games down, he hit .538 (7-for-13). Jeff didn't arrive in L.A. in time to start the game tonight, but I'm sure he will be back in the lineup tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone again for all of the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.todaymybirthday.com/happy-birthday-john-coal.html